A fully articulating Bio-Mechanical Prosthetic Finger
One of the world’s first bio-mechanical prosthetic fingers for an active lifestyle.
Naked Prosthetics: Created by an Amputee, for Amputees
Our product is intentionally left uncovered because we are proud of our technology. Historically, injuries and amputations were treated as something to be covered by a sleeve, or made to look similar to the missing limb. In the current prosthetics community, there is a trend of showing off the amazing materials and engineering that goes into the creation of state of the art devices. The old age of cosmetic prostheses is turning into a new age of uncovered, naked prostheses; the stigma of injury and amputation has been replaced with an environment in which innovative prosthetic devices can be celebrated instead of hidden.
At Naked Prosthetics, our goal is not to hide injuries or amputations; instead we provide, simple, elegant, fully functional, and high-tech solutions that are worn with pride. Through the latest in prosthetic technology, we are dedicated to manufacturing rugged and functional prostheses that will ease you back into doing the everyday tasks and hobbies that you enjoy.
TECHNICAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Comfortable, Natural Movement. The device is customized based on amount of loss, number of joints to be replaced, and other personal characteristics, including skin. These features contribute to the ease of natural movement.
- Easy to Use. The user simply slides the BPF device onto the appropriate finger, in the same way as one would a ring, and bends the device using the natural movement of the remaining finger. This movement will articulate the device, using the same cognitive process that was previously used to articulate their finger.
- Independent Finger Control. Every individual is unique, and this dictates the function and performance expected from their hands. Our devices are individually designed and fitted to empower each amputee with independent control of each digit, whether at work or play. We offer functioning bio-mechanical partial fingers, which are made out of FDA approved medical grade nylon, for amputees who have lost digits. The Bio-Mechanical Prosthetic Finger (BPF) will allow the user to control the articulation of the device by simply moving their residual finger. Benefits include playing a musical instrument, typing, or participating in activities that require the full dexterity of a hand.
- Body-Powered. Because the device is body-powered, there is no need for external power supplies. The components of the device are articulated through the natural movement of the residual finger.
- Realistic Articulation. The components of the BPF have been designed to not only look realistic during use, but to also bend in a realistic manner as well. When articulated, the tendons of the device gently force the fingertip of the device to also bend in a natural manner.
- Low Profile Design. The device has been designed to offer strength in the lowest profile design possible, while protecting the residual finger from damage.
- Medical Benefits. Using the BPF can reduce swelling, increase circulation, and support adjacent finger joints.
Get the INFO PACKET
Get the SIZING KIT
GOT THE FINGER